Driving (traffic) or vehicle registration offences

Application forms for driving, traffic and vehicle offences are available under Forms to make applications to the court

Apply to remove a drivers licence diqualification

Follow the steps below before applying

  • Step 1 - Apply for a copy of your driving record. The driving record must be filed at court with the 'Application to remove drivers licence disqualification form.
  • Step 2 - Decide if you are eligible to apply to court. You should get legal advice about your eligibility to apply - Legal Aid can help. Contact Legal Aid.
  • Step 3 - If you are eligible to apply, complete and lodge your court application form at a Local Court.

See: the Application to remove drivers licence disqualification form

Legal Aid brochure: Are you disqualified from driving?

Appeal a drivers licence or vehicle registration decision

If you’ve had your driver licence suspended by police or received a letter from Transport for NSW (TfNSW) about a vehicle or licence decision, you may be eligible to appeal the decision. 

You may appeal a licence or registration decision in the Local Court if you have:

  • a letter from Transport for NSW (about a driver’s licence or vehicle registration) informing you that you may appeal to the Local Court OR
  • an immediate licence suspension notice from NSW Police.

See: the Appeal against a decision of the RMS form

Apply to remove a habitual offender declaration

See: the Application that declaration as a habitual traffic offender be quashed form

Traffic offender intervention program

Find out about the Traffic Offender Intervention Program


Last updated:

27 Jun 2020

We acknowledge the traditional owners and custodians of the land on which we work and we pay respect to the Elders, past, present and future.
Return to top of page Back to top