Someone owes you money

Community Justice Centres provide experienced mediators free of charge, to help people in dispute reach and agreement. In many cases, particularly if your dispute is about $10,000 or less, mediation can be a better alternative to court.

Alternatively, you can try talking to the person that owes you money or sending a letter of demand. The information sheet below will provide more detail:

If your dispute is about more than $10,000 it is best to get legal advice before starting any court proceedings. Try LawAccess NSW for help with which court or tribunal is right for your matter.

Find more information about civil cases at the local court.

Last updated:

13 Mar 2020

We acknowledge the traditional owners and custodians of the land on which we work and we pay respect to the Elders, past, present and future.
Return to top of page Back to top