Registering orders made by another court or tribunal

Orders made by another court or tribunal may be registered in the local court for enforcement. This includes orders made by the Consumer, Trader and Tenancy Tribunal and orders made in courts in other states and territories.

The amount to be enforced must be within the local court jurisdiction, less than $100,000 to be registered in the local court.

A registered order becomes a judgment of the NSW Local Court and can be enforced using the methods available in New South Wales.

Orders (or certificates of order) are registered by completing Uniform Civil Procedure Rules (UCPR) Form 45: Form Registration/filing of certificate of judgment or order.

There is a fee for the registration and fees may apply to enforcement. Forms for any enforcement sought must also be completed. Enforcement can be sought at the same time as the registration.

Last updated:

25 Jun 2020

We acknowledge the traditional owners and custodians of the land on which we work and we pay respect to the Elders, past, present and future.
Return to top of page Back to top